ASSIGNMENT 1 Harvard Business Review Case: IDEO
1. What industry does the IDEO company belong to, and how would you describe IDEO’s “value proposition” (what customers anticipate from IDEO’s services), in contrast to that of other competitors in that market space? (Please include a few other typical customers, and analyze differences in words or a table format).
IDEO belongs to a new industry of design consultancies. IDEO is a global design firm that takes a human-centered, design-based approach to helping organizations in the public and private sectors innovate and grow. IDEO’s value proposition contains three key points which are 1).Identify new ways to serve and support people by uncovering latent needs, behaviors, and desires.2) Envision new companies and brands, and design the products, services, spaces, and interactive experiences that bring them to life.3).Help organizations build creative culture and the internal systems required to sustain innovation and launch new ventures., As a design consultancy firm, IDEO was a clear leader in product development business with strong capabilities in product and strategy offerings. Its capabilities are in wide range included mechanical, electrical, and software engineering, as well as industrial and interaction design, prototype machining, human factors research interior architecture and more. Examples of the typical customers and projects IDEO did are illustrated in the below pictures.
2. How would you assess the Simmons project? What criteria would you use in the evaluation process? Clearly compare how these outcomes compare to that of IDEO’s typical projects. The Simmons project is excellent.
The criteria I would use are:
* Conscientious about the client desires
* Well organized framework
* Clarified project objective
* Team work and professional team members, powerful research * Internal & external communication
* Client satisfaction and terrific relationship
Please join StudyMode to read the full document